------------------------------------

Songs by Chip Post

Faces

On the first day I met her at the pool
I was sporting Maui Jim’s, I was looking so cool
I asked her if she’d watch my things just while I went for a swim
It didn’t seem much at the time but was a place to begin

Well I don’t know you and you don’t know me
But the mutual attraction is enough to proceed
I’ve had enough of expectations and I’m sure you’d agree
That the dating situation leaves a lot to be seen

On the second day I met her at the club
She was dancing with her friends and singing songs of love
I bought her drink after drink and snogged her all night long
And wondered what she thought of me or if I’m rubbing her wrong

Because I don’t know you and you don’t know me
But the mutual attraction grows mysteriously
I find it hard to guess your game and girl I’m sure you’d agree
That if I don’t know who you are how do I know how to be

Well we put on these faces, ones that everyone likes
And we wear the trendy clothes and behave overly nice
But when we take off those faces tell me what do you see
A person that you think will do or just debauchery

So some weeks went past with nothing much to say
But the e-mails back and forth continued every day
When we finally got together much to our surprise
We found the person underneath we’d looked for all of our lives

And now I truly see you and you truly see me
Because the mutual attraction goes beyond what we see
As our faces take a turn I think you’ll have to agree
That the dating situation leaves a lot to be seen